Current/ Past/ Future Projects
Traditional Knowledge Publications
- Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Cultural Expressions — An Introduction
- Brief No. 1: Traditional Knowledge and Intellectual Property
- Brief No. 2: The Intergovernmental Committee on Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (IGC).
- Brief No. 3: Developing a National Strategy on Intellectual Property and Traditional Knowledge, Traditional Cultural Expressions and Genetic Resources.
- Brief No. 4: Intellectual Property and Arts Festivals.
- Capacity Needs Assessment on Access and Benefit Sharing and the Protection of Traditional Knowledge, Practices and Innovations
- Samoa Law Reform Commission, “The Protection of Samoa’s Traditional Knowledge and Expressions of Culture, Issues Paper IP 08/10.”
- Caillaud, “Tabus or not taboo? How to use traditional environmental knowledge to support sustainable development of marine resources in Melanesia.”
- Alexander, Hardison, and Ahren, “Study on Compliance in Relation to the Customary Law of Indigenous and Local Communities, National Law, Across jurisdictions, and International Law.”
- Mead and Ratuva, Pacific genes & life patents.
- Vierros, Tawake, Hickey, Tiraa and Noa, “Traditional Marine Areas of the Pacific in the context of National and International Law and Policy”
- Cox, “Ensuring Equitable Benefits, The Falealupo Covenant and Isolation of Anti-Viral Drug Prostratin from a Samoan Medicinal Plant.”
This is a selection of the most relevant publications in this area. If you want access to a more detailed database on this topic, please apply to join the Zotero group Intellectual Property in the Pacific Islands: https://www.zotero.org/groups/intellectual_property_in_the_pacific_islands